Handwritten Envelope Calligraphy
How Does it Work?
- Please fill out this form, I'll send you a customized quote
- If you agree on the quote and contract, then a 50% retainer fee is required as confirmation, and I will reserve you on my calendar.
- Once the work is complete, I'll send along a photo with an invoice for the remaining balance of the order.
- Full payment is required before the completed order is shipped/picked up.
- Outer Envelope (up to 4 lines), handwritten - $5 per envelope
- Outer Return Address (up to 4 lines), $2 per envelope
- Inner Envelope (up to 2 lines), handwritten - $2.50 per envelope
- Additional lines - $1.50 extra per envelope
- Metallic or Shimmering Finish non-black inks (eg. Gold, Silver, Bronze, etc.) - starting at $2.00 per envelope or a bulk discount.
- Matte Finish non-black inm (eg. White, Purple, Red, Pink, Blue etc.) - starting at $1.00 per envelope
- Flourishes - $1.00 to $2.50 per envelope (will vary based on extent of flourish or flourishes).
- Unique Envelope Layout - $1.00 and up per envelope (a non-traditional format such as having the address written diagonally). You can find some examples in the envelope gallery
Things to Note
- If you are sending me your own envelopes please add 15% more envelopes to account for additions, testing and human error: I.E. If you're sending 100 envelopes, please add an extra 15 (Total 115 envelopes)
- Any unused envelopes will be returned with the completed project
- Turnaround time (dependent on size of project) can be between 2-4 weeks for testing and finalization; please keep this in mind for choosing your return date.
- Unless specified and asked, this service does not include card stuffing or postage. I will only have the completed envelopes sent with your original order.
- Please ensure spellings of guest list is double-checked; names and/or addresses will be written as is.
Still Interested? Here's what I'll need :D
I'll need your address list!
You can send use this Google excel template; download to make a copy first :)
Please ensure all information (appropriate attributes, punctuation, spelling, abbreviations) are correct:
- No abbreviations/nicknames please, except for Mr., Mrs., or Ms., unless of course you would prefer this.
- Specify if I will use "&" or "and"
- Write out the words "Street", "Boulevard", "Avenue", etc., unless you don't mind these terms abbreviated.
- Your list will be addressed exactly as your list provides, so please double check your entries. You have control over how formal or informal the addresses should be written, but I cannot be held liable for errors in your entries. It's your project, let me help you make it great!
- If there are any last minute changes after sending your original list, please email the specific changes, not the whole list again.
All of my envelope calligraphy is done by hand. There may be slight variations in size, colour, style, margins, spacings and centering throughout the order. All custom orders are final upon return to the client. I will always do my best to provide progress photos and ensure everything is as perfect as possible!
Rodylyn was very easy to work with. She was quick in her responses and her website was very easy to navigate. After explaining what I wanted, we worked together to come up with a few draft designs, and then I selected one of her examples and that's what was delivered. I would not hesitate to recommend Rodylyn to friends and family and I will use her again in the future should I have a need!
Nibs and Scripts was a wonderful service. I was able to reach out to Rodylyn and receive a response almost immediately and the communication was thorough. I purchased a valentine’s day card and a custom anniversary one, both designs turned out perfectly and surpass my expectations! The texture of the card has amazing quality. The process was very smooth and had fast delivery. Very pleased, still in awe of these cards and will definitely buy again :)
Rodylyn's work is gorgeous and she's a breeze to work with! I came to her with an idea for calligraphy pieces capturing words and phrases that my toddler mispronounces. She did a wonderful job of working with me to understand what I wanted the pieces to look and feel like. They were produced and delivered perfectly and on schedule. Already planning to work with her again. Thanks, Rodylyn!
Nibs and Scripts did a custom Lunar New Year card design. They were professional at every step. They accommodated any revisions I had and delivered them ahead of schedule. I highly recommend them.
We worked with Nibs & Scripts for our wedding invitations and the result was stunning! We kept on receiving compliments from our guests on the beautiful calligraphy of our envelopes. Rodylyn was great to discuss ideas and the turnaround time was perfect. We highly recommend!
I L-O-V-E all of these beautiful cards!
Thank you for the card it's so well done, both on the inside and outside :D
People were super impressed with the [Baby Shower] sign; so many compliments, with folks in disbelief "wait, someone wrote [that sign[ with their hand?!". Thanks again!
The card looks fantastic, I can’t wait to send it!
I Choose You (Mothers Day)
The designs are wonderful and shipped on time.
...thank you for the beautiful card. Its sooooo beautiful, thank you..happy lunar new year to you and your family.
I got a postcard to send to family for Lunar New Year and it was perfect. The design and the foil was so pretty and I got a picture of it on the fridge after it arrived.
I loved the variety of cards and they were well made and beautiful. Everyone loved them and I will definitely be ordering more stationary
Nibs & Scriptss calligraphy delivers on quality, speed, and human touch. Rodylyn worked with me one-on-one to design a Christmas order that fit my aesthetic, budget, and timeline, and within 30 minutes we had all the details hashed out. Each card was stylized personalized for my intended recipients, and Rodylyn even delivered the cards to me herself within one week of my order. I would recommend her thoughtful approach and delightful designs to anyone that need professional calligraphy!